The History Center Affiliates Program (HCAP) includes more than 125 regional historical societies and organizations dedicated to preserving local history.
Affiliate Program members include history, genealogy, and library organizations located primarily within the counties of Western Pennsylvania.
Membership in the program brings the extensive expertise and resources of the History Center’s staff to these organizations, especially in the areas of museum and archival work that enable each affiliate organization to reach its goals.
For more information about the History Center Affiliates Program, or to become a member, please contact Robert Stakeley at 412-454-6359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a History Center Affiliates Program member, your organization will grow with:
- Access to the Senator John Heinz History Center’s expert librarians, archivists, curators, museum specialists, and fundraising personnel as a resource for your organization’s specific questions and needs.
- Invitations to workshops and programs designed specifically to aid your organization with all aspects of museum and library management.
- Exciting publications, including the History Center’s Making History newsletter and Western Pennsylvania History magazine.
- Access to the History Center’s extensive Library & Archives for regional research, genealogy, and reference materials.
- Free admission year-round to the History Center and Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum for up to four persons per visit.
- Access to Smithsonian Institution resources through the History Center’s Smithsonian Affiliations program.
- An online directory keeping you closely connected to the more than 125 other HCAP members.
- HCAP “Book Nook” in the History Center museum shop – space for three copies for consignment sale.
- HCAP brochure rack in the History Center museum shop – send up to 25 copies of your organization’s brochure for display in the visitor’s center.
2016 History Center Affiliates Directory
Air Heritage Museum
Allegheny Cemetery Historical Association
Allegheny Foothills Historical Society
Allegheny Township Historical Society
Allegheny-Kiski Valley Historical Society
Alpha Delta Kappa – Iota Chapter
Baldwin Historical Society
Beaver Area Heritage Museum
Beaver County Historical Research & Landmarks Foundation
Beaver Falls Historical Society and Museum
Bedford County Historical Society, Inc.
Ben Avon Area Historical Association
Braddock’s Battlefield History Center
Brownsville Area Revitalization Corporation
Brownsville Historical Society
California Area Historical Society
California University of Pennsylvania – Manderino Library
Cambria County Historical Society
Carrick Community Council
Carrick-Overbrook Historical Society
Cockayne Farmstead Historic Preservation Committee
Crafton Historical Society
Cranberry Township Historical Society
Depreciation Lands Museum Association
Donora Smog Museum and Historical Society
Dormont Historical Society
East Liberty Valley Historical Society
Ellwood City Area Historical Society
Evans City Historical Society
Fayette County Historical Society
Fort Leboeuf Historical Society
Fort Ligonier Association
Fort Necessity National Battlefield
Fort Pitt Blockhouse / The Fort Pitt Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
Franklin County Historical Society Kittochtinny
Friends of Old Economy Village
Greater Monessen Historical Society
Greenville Area Historical Society
Historic Harmony, Inc.
Historical & Genealogic Society of Somerset County
Historical Glass Club of Pittsburgh
Ingram Historical Society
Jefferson County History Center
Lawrence County Historical Society
Lawrenceville Historical Society
Little Beaver Historical Society, Inc.
Marshall County Historical Society, Inc.
McCandless-Northern Allegheny Heritage Center
McKeesport Regional History & Heritage Center
Merrick Art Gallery Associates
Mifflin Township Historical Society
Monongahela Area Historical Society
Monroeville Historical Society
Mount Pleasant Glass Museum
Mountaineer Country Museums
Mt. Lebanon, The Historical Society of
Murrysville Historical Preservation Society
Neville House Associates, Inc.
Oliver Miller Homestead Associates
Penn’s Colony Association Festival
Pennsylvania Association of Numismatists
Pennsylvania Trolley Museum, Inc.
Peters Creek Historical Society, Inc.
Peters Township Public Library
Pioneers West Historical Society
Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation
Quecreek Mine Rescue Foundation
Railroaders Heritage Corporation & Memorial Museum
Rimersburg Veterans Memorial Park & Museum
Robinson Township Historical Society
Sewickley Heights History Center
Sewickley Valley Historical Society
Smicksburg Area Heritage Society
The Larry Bruno Foundation
The Mercer County Historical Society
The Society for the Preservation of the Duquesne Heights Incline
Three Rivers Depression Era Glass Society
Turkeyfoot Valley Historical Society
Venango County Historical Society
Verona Historical Society
Veterans Breakfast Club
Wampum Community Revitalization
Washington County Historical Society
West End Branch of the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (Friends of)
West Jefferson Hills Historical Society
West Penn Hospital Foundation / Allegheny Health Network
Western PA Model Railroad Museum
Western Pennsylvania Disability History and Action Consortium
Western Pennsylvania Numismatic Society
Wetzel County Museum
Wilkinsburg Historical Society
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. [Pittverse]