Educator Open House
Location: Heinz History Center
Date: Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017
Time: 5 – 8 p.m.
Registration: Please register below
Cost: Free, including bar, refreshments, and a tote bag, thanks to the support of the Smithsonian Institution.
Join us for an open house to get a closer look at the History Center’s programs and outreach opportunities and discover how you can engage with our collections and exhibitions.
This year’s Educator Open House will include:
- Showcase of the History Center’s partnership with the Smithsonian’s Learning Lab
- Meet Smithsonian Learning Lab staff and local educators who will share digital teaching resources they created
- Interactive, hands-on preview of new History Center education programs in the museum galleries
- Go behind-the-scenes with archivists to explore unique primary sources in the Detre Library & Archives
- A special session for teachers interested in National History Day
Registration for the open house is closed.
If you have any questions about your registration or the open house in general, please contact School and Teacher Programs Coordinator Amanda McAllen at 412-454-6314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.