Boy Scouts can earn merit badges and Tiger Scouts and Wolf Scouts can complete Cub Scout Adventures at the History Center. Badge Day fees are non-refundable, but with two weeks notice, they may be transferred to a future Badge Day. Register all who will be attending the Badge Day, including adult chaperones and siblings of scouts.
Please note: The History Center reserves the right to cancel any badge days with less than 15 Scout reservations.
The History Center’s Boy Scout Badge Day programs are self-guided experiences. Each Boy Scout and adult will receive a badge booklet. Follow the directions in the booklet, complete the activities, and visit many of the History Center’s exhibitions. Scouts will learn skills such as how to care for collections and research, and — of course — learn fun local history. When the Scouts finish the booklets, they will have met the requirements for the merit badge or Cub Scout Adventure. Once merit badge work is completed, make sure that the blue card is signed by a History Center Merit Badge counselor. Cub Scouts do not need to have a merit badge counselor review their work. You can purchase badges through your local council.
- Badges take approximately 3-4 hours to complete
- We recommend selecting ONE Merit Badge or Cub Scout Adventure to complete during each visit
- Please remember your blue card for Merit Badge counselor signatures
Boy Scout Offerings
- Cub Scout Adventures: Tiger Scout Family Stories (NEW), Wolf Scout Collection and Hobbies (NEW)
- Boy Scout Badges: American Cultures, American Heritage, American Labor, Collections, Genealogy
Not all requirements for all Merit Badges and Cub Scout Adventures are able to be completed on site. See badge descriptions (PDF) for more details.
- Badge Days are from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on select Saturdays throughout the year
- $10 per Scout; Scouts may only complete one badge or adventure per Badge Day
- $10 per person for parents and chaperones
- $6 per person for non-Scout children aged 6-17
- Children 5 and under are free
- Coupons and other discounts do not apply to Scout activities.
- Adult History Center members are free, but must pay for any Scouts working on badges.