Get a first-hand look at the everyday lives of 18th century frontier traders during Frontier Heritage Weekend.
The 18th century frontier was a dangerous and difficult place to live. Discover the skills necessary to survive and learn how American Indians and European settlers borrowed ideas from each other to build a better life in the Western Pennsylvania wilderness.
- Costumed European traders with authentic goods;
- A tomahawk throwing station where visitors can try their hand at tossing an important tool and weapon on the 18th century frontier;
- Blacksmithing demonstrations;
- Pit sawing (turning logs into lumber for construction) and carpentry;
- Musket volleys;
- Open-hearth cooking demonstrations;
- Much more!
Special hours: Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Frontier Heritage Weekend programs and demonstrations are included with Meadowcroft admission.
For more information, please contact Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village at 724-587-3412.