Tu e la tua famiglia are cordially invited to commemorate your italianità at the History Center with a full day of interactive activities designed with K-12 students in mind.
In honor of Italian Heritage Month, local community groups and museum staff will facilitate educational activities on every floor of the museum. Activities are conceived in a manner that will allow all members of the family to work together to learn about Italian American history and culture. Intergenerational participation is encouraged, so bring tua madre, tuo padre, tua nonna, tuo nonno, tua zia, tuo zio, e tutti i tuoi fratelli, sorelle e cugini.
Learn how you can celebrate your Italian heritage all year round!
On Italian Heritage Day, children 17 & under receive free admission. Regular History Center admission rates apply for adults.
Italian Heritage Day is made possible through proceeds collected from our Annual Bocce Tournament & Fundraiser.
- Learn how to play bocce with Major League Bocce
- Make arts and crafts inspired by the History Center’s Italian American Collection
- Practice your Italian vocabulary with La Scuola D’Italia Galileo Galilei
- Explore your family tree with Roots in the Boot, North Hills Genealogy, Rich Roots Genealogy, and the History Center’s Detre Library & Archives
- Watch live cooking demos & sample Italian American recipes in the Kitchen Classroom
- Learn how to play scopa & morra with Istituto Mondo Italiano
Besides fun family activities, Italian Heritage Day will also feature an Italian American bazaar in the Mueller Center with live entertainment, local Italian heritage groups, and more!
Food is available to purchase by Common Plea Catering.
- Fennel Sausage Ring with Peppers and Onions
- Italian Beans and Greens
- Traditional Wedding Soup
- 11:00 am – Hank Edwardo
- 12:30 pm – Marco Fiorante
- 1:30 pm – San Rocco Ballabe Band
- 2:30 pm – I Campagnoli