Celebrate the region’s passion for food at the sixth annual Hometown–Homegrown™, a fun and flavorful food expo at the History Center presented in partnership with GoodTaste! Pittsburgh®.
Sample a delicious assortment of foods from local vendors representing the best of the ‘Burgh’s neighborhoods.
Hometown–Homegrown will include activities throughout five floors of the History Center, including cooking demos, live music, and more.
For more information, please contact Caroline Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-6373.
Cooking & Food Demonstrations
Weisbrod Kitchen Classroom Schedule:
- 10:30: Chris Fennimore, QED Cooks
- Noon: Chef Mark Swankler, Republic Foods
- 1:30: Chef Dennis Marron, Or, The Whale in the Distrikt Hotel
4th Floor Campbell Gallery Schedule:
- 11: Chef Jeremy Reed, Art Institute of Pittsburgh (Making Golden Gazpacho)
- 12:30: Sarah Needham, Leafhopper (Entertaining With Found Objects Demonstration)
- 2: Alyssa Fine, Pittsburgh Honey (The Buzz About Honey Demonstration)
This year’s vendors include:
5 Generation Bakers
Allegheny City Farms
Art Institute of Pgh
East End Co-Op
Emerald Valley Artisans
Farm To Table
Lamagna Cheese Co.
Le Petit Chocolat & Café
Local Yokels Fudge Co.
R Wine Cellars
Red Ribbon Soda
Riverwood Trading Co.
Steel City Salt
The Smokey City’s 412 BBQ