Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Oct. 6, 2012 - Jan. 6, 2013
Purchase your tickets now for Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame — a major exhibition focusing on the history of pro football, from its humble beginnings in 1892 to its rise as one of the world’s most beloved sports.
The blockbuster exhibition makes its national premiere at the History Center this fall before embarking on a nationwide traveling tour. The Pittsburgh exhibition is made possible by Highmark, the presenting sponsor.
Gridiron Glory is the most comprehensive traveling exhibit ever created on America’s most popular sport.
The exhibit includes more than 200 football artifacts, rare photos, and one-of-a-kind documents from the Pro Football Hall of Fame collections, many of which have never been seen outside of Canton, Ohio.
- The 1892 Allegheny Athletic Association accounting ledger featuring Pudge Heffelfinger, known as “Pro Football’s Birth Certificate”
- Artifacts from pro football’s pioneers, such as Jim Thorpe, Knute Rockne, Red Grange, Johnny “Blood” McNally, Sammy Baugh, and Bobby Layne
- Items from the golden era of pro football, including Jim Brown, Vince Lombardi, Dick Butkus, Johnny Unitas, and Tom Landry
- Highlights from the NFL’s greatest running backs, such as O.J. Simpson, Eric Dickerson, Tony Dorsett, Walter Payton, Bo Jackson, and Barry Sanders
- Artifacts from record-breaking quarterbacks, including John Elway, Joe Montana, and Dan Marino
- Items from today’s stars, including Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning
Gridiron Glory also features unique artifacts from the Pittsburgh Steelers, including Art Rooney, Franco Harris, Joe Greene, Lynn Swann, and Jack Lambert, along with a special area of the exhibition dedicated to Western Pennsylvania’s incredible pro football tradition.
Purchase your exhibit tickets at www.showclix.com or by calling 1-888-71-TICKETS. Tickets may also be purchased on-site at the History Center box office at 1212 Smallman St. in the Strip District during regular museum hours (10 a.m.-5 p.m. every day).
Are You a History Center Member?
Members receive free admission throughout the run of the exhibit and do not need to purchase or reserve tickets in advance. If you are interested in becoming a History Center member, please contact Shirley Gaudette at 412-454-6436 or email@example.com. Memberships are also available online or at the History Center box office.
Check out the History Center's hard-hitting lineup of public events throughout the fall that will appeal to football fans of all ages.
- Black Tie Tailgate Preview Party: Thurs., Oct. 4, 2012, 6-10 p.m.
- Gridiron Glory Kickoff & Pep Rally: Sat., Oct. 6, 2012, 10 a.m.-noon.
- Steelers’ Hall of Fame Busts: Oct. 24-29. 2012
- NFL Play 60 Training Camp: Sun., Nov. 11, 2012, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Steelers’ Six Super Bowl Trophies: Nov. 23-30, 2012
- An Immaculate Reception: The 40th Anniversary of the NFL’s Greatest Play: Sat., Dec. 22, 2012
For more information about Gridiron Glory events please contact Sarah Rooney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-6373.
To schedule a group tour please contact Margaret Kerr at 412-454-6428 or email@example.com.
Press About Gridiron Glory
Enjoy the following stories about Gridiron Glory.
Ready for some football with your museum?
USA Today (Sept. 25, 2012)
Preview: 'Gridiron Glory' exhibition brings football history to the History Center
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Oct. 4, 2012)
Ready for some football? History Center has you covered
Beaver County Times (Oct. 3, 2012)
Hall of Fame road trip
Associated Press (Sept. 28, 2012)
First Artifacts Arrive For 'Gridiron Glory' Exhibit At Heinz History Center
KDKA (Sept. 26, 2012)