The History Center hosts opportunities for Girl Scouts of all levels. We have group tours that may be guided or self-guided, and are designing new badge experiences to reflect the latest Girl Scouts curriculum.
Girl Scout Badge Days
- Sat., June 1, 2013 (Joint Boy Scout & Girl Scout Badge Day)
- Sat., June 28, 2013 (Joint Boy Scout & Girl Scout Badge Day)
- Sat., July 27, 2013 (Joint Boy Scout & Girl Scout Badge Day)
Registration: Click here to register.
The History Center's Girl Scout programs are self-guided experiences. Each Girl Scout and adult will receive a badge booklet. Follow the directions in the booklet, complete the activities, and visit various exhibits. Scouts will learn skills such as map reading, research, and — of course — remarkably fun local history. When the Scouts finish the booklets, they will have met the requirements for the badge. Once completed, make sure that the blue card is signed by the museum educator. You can then purchase badges through your district.
- Badges take approximately 3-4 hours to complete
- All badge work days are scheduled on Saturdays
- We recommend selecting ONE Merit Badge to complete during each visit
- Please remember your blue card for Merit Badge counselor signatures
Girl Scout Badges:
- Daisies: Gerri & Sunny or Mari & Tula Petals
- Brownies: Inventor, Making Friends, My Family Story
- Juniors: Detective, Scribe, Playing the Past, Product Designer
- Seniors: Game Visionary, Traveler, Truth Seeker
Girl Scout Night at the History Museum
- Fri., Oct. 4 - Sat., Oct. 5, 2013 - Civil War Themed
Bring your group and join us at the History Center for a night of exciting thrills!
Experience what happens at the History Center after the stars come out. On this night, the museum will come alive with costumed re-enactors and other visitors from the past. Enjoy a tour designed just for this special program, late night snacks, and a movie. Then sleep on the History Center's fifth floor!
- Cost includes late night snack, breakfast, activity patch, and next day admission
- Event is for Scouts and their adult chaperones only
- Special events fill quickly, make your reservation today!
- A fee of $35 per person is required for this very special event
- Appropriate for Girl Scouts of all ages