Meadowcroft is host to a number of Patch & Badge programs for Girl and Boy Scouts of all ages.
Reserve Your Scout Experience
For additional information about Scout programs at Meadowcroft Rockshelter & Historic Village, please contact Meadowcroft by calling 724-587-3412. To schedule a visit please contact Fran Skariot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Scout opportunities at the Senator John Heinz History Center, including the Night at the History Museum overnight program, please click here.
Girl Scout Programs
- Archaeology Fun Patch
- Native American Awareness Patch
- Exploring Native Americans Junior Girl Scout Patch
- Native American Brownie Try-It Patch
Boy Scout Programs
- Indian Lore Badge
- Archaeology Badge
- Wolf & Bear Cub Scout American Indian Life/Lore Badge
Overnight camping is available in the grassy field located directly behind the Meadowcroft Rockshelter & Historic Village Visitor Center.
- Bring your own tent and equipment.
- No-trace fires are allowed.
- Access to modern restrooms is provided.
- Outdoor picnic and pavilion areas are available.
2013 Scouting Rates
- One-Day Badge/Patch Program: $10 per Scout
- Two-Day Badge/Patch Program: $18 per Scout
- Overnight Camping Fee: $10 per Scout
- Standard Tour of of any of Meadowcroft's three historic villages or Rockshelter: $5 per Scout for one village; $8 per Scout for two villages
- Adults: Two adults free per troop; $10 per additional adult
The minimum Scout fee is $100 (if there are fewer than 10 Scouts). A deposit of $50 is required. The deposit is nonrefundable for cancellations within two weeks of the program date.