The History Center's Volunteer Office will be closed May 10 - June 3, 2013. We thank you for you interest in volunteering with the History Center and will respond to your inquiries and applications after June 3.
Please click here to log into VicNet.
Interested in Becoming a History Center Volunteer?
Volunteers are needed at all three sites:
- Senator John Heinz History Center at 1212 Smallman St. in the Strip District
- Fort Pitt Museum in Point State Park in downtown Pittsburgh
- Meadowcroft Rockshelter & Historic Village in Avella, Pa.
Ways to serve:
- Concierge Program: Provide customer service and information at the Admissions Desk and Museum Shop, as well as serve as hosts for special events.
- Docent Program: Serve as tour guides for school programs and adult groups.
- Ambassador Program: Serve in developing and delivering topics to the community at large through public-speaking outreaches.
- Library and Archives Program: Assist librarians and archivists in the catalogue and inventory processes, archival and reference procedures, and oral history and diary transcription preparations.
- Collections Program: Assist artifact handlers in inventory, preservation, storage, and exhibit display.
- Administrative Support: Assist any museum division with clerical and office duties, including data entry and report generation.
- Free parking at the Boardwalk Parking Lot at 15th and Smallman Streets
- 20% discount at the History Center Museum Shop
- 10% discount at MixStirs Cafe located in the History Center's Great Hall
- Unique learning, enrichment, and networking opportunities
- Seasonal gatherings and field trips
- Annual complimentary entrance for a group of 15 upon completion of 100 hours
Apply Now to Become a History Center Volunteer
Docent School Manual PDFsGreat Hall
Lewis & Clark
Clash of Empires