Please click here to log into VicNet.
Interested in Becoming a History Center Volunteer?
Volunteers are needed at all three sites:
- Senator John Heinz History Center at 1212 Smallman St. in the Strip District
- Fort Pitt Museum in Point State Park in downtown Pittsburgh
- Meadowcroft Rockshelter & Historic Village in Avella, Pa.
Ways to serve:
- Concierge Program: Provide customer service and information at the Admissions Desk and Museum Shop, as well as serve as hosts for special events.
- Docent Program: Serve as tour guides for school programs and adult groups.
- Ambassador Program: Serve in developing and delivering topics to the community at large through public-speaking outreaches.
- Library and Archives Program: Assist librarians and archivists in the catalogue and inventory processes, archival and reference procedures, and oral history and diary transcription preparations.
- Collections Program: Assist artifact handlers in inventory, preservation, storage, and exhibit display.
- Administrative Support: Assist any museum division with clerical and office duties, including data entry and report generation.
- Free parking at the Boardwalk Parking Lot at 15th and Smallman Streets
- 20% discount at the History Center Museum Shop
- 10% discount at MixStirs Cafe located in the History Center's Great Hall
- Unique learning, enrichment, and networking opportunities
- Seasonal gatherings and field trips
- Annual complimentary entrance for a group of 15 upon completion of 100 hours
Apply Now to Become a History Center Volunteer
Docent School Manual PDFsGreat Hall
Lewis & Clark
Clash of Empires