COVID-19 Health & Safety Policies for Visitors and Staff for Library & Archives Visits
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is the History Center’s top priority. The History Center has established new procedures and policies to ensure you feel safe upon entering the Detre Library & Archives:
- All patrons are required to wear face coverings when in the Library & Archives while it remains a recommendation by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Patrons who have traveled internationally or have been in any state identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Health are asked to quarantine for 14 days before visiting the Library & Archives.
- All patrons are required to wear gloves when handling materials. Gloves will be provided by the Library & Archives staff.
- Patrons are asked to practice social distancing (remain at least six feet apart) from staff and other visitors throughout their time in the Library & Archives.
- In-person communication between Library & Archives staff and patrons will be limited. Prior to your visit, please search the Library & Archives online catalog and list on the following page all of the materials you’ll wish to use during your visit.
- Appointments can last up to four hours per day.
- Please limit your requests to 15 boxes, publications, or other items per visit.
- Items to be copied must be identified with photocopy bookmarks. Do not remove the items that are to be photocopied from the folders. Copies will made at a later date.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or feel that you or a family member may have been exposed.
- Library & Archives can provide some remote reference assistance for those who cannot visit the History Center. If you’d like to learn more about this option, please let us know.
General Policies for Using Materials
- Please use pencils
- Do not disturb the order of the papers and photographs in folders.
- Use only one folder or volume at a time.
- Please no food or drink in the Library & Archives.
- Please store any bags/purses/coats in the lockers provided in the sixth floor lobby area.
As a security measure, these forms are retained permanently.