COVID-19 Health & Safety Policies for Visitors and Staff for Library & Archives Visits
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is the History Center’s top priority. The History Center has established new procedures and policies to ensure you feel safe upon entering the Detre Library & Archives:
• All patrons are required to wear masks that cover the nose and mouth. They are also required to wear gloves. Gloves will be provided by the Library & Archives staff.
• Patrons must practice social distancing (remain at least six feet apart) from staff and other visitors throughout their time in the Library & Archives.
• Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or feel that you or a family member may have been exposed.
• Appointments can last up to four hours per day.
• Library & Archives can provide some remote reference assistance for those who cannot visit the History Center. Please contact us to learn more about this option.
General Policies for Using Materials
• Please use pencil only.
• Do not disturb the order of the papers and photographs in folders.
• Use only one folder or volume at a time.
• No food nor drinks are allowed in the Library & Archives.
• Please store any bags/purses/coats/water bottles in the lockers provided in the sixth floor lobby area.
As a security measure, these forms are retained permanently.