The History Center is excited to offer virtual programs and museum visit experiences for learners of all ages.
RESERVATIONS FOR VIRTUAL PROGRAMS
To reserve a virtual school program with the Heinz History Center learning team, please submit a request form. After submitting the request form, the Group Tour Coordinator will contact you within 3 – 5 business days to schedule your virtual program. Once your program has been scheduled, you will receive a reservation confirmation by email.
RESERVATIONS FOR GUIDED OR SELF-GUIDED VISITS
The History Center is welcoming groups for guided and self-guided visits. If you would like to visit the museum with your students, please explore options below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you to arrange a safe visit for you and your group.
OPTIONS FOR THE 2020-21 ACADEMIC YEAR
Educators can choose to schedule a virtual program, a small group guided tour, or a self-guided visit to the museum. We also offer a range of outreach programs to schools and a growing set of downloadable resources for teachers, which can all be accessed in the navigation on the right-hand side of this page.
- Our synchronous live programs, presented on a range of possible online platforms, enable museum educators to share galleries and collections that cover a range of historical topics featured at the History Center. These programs help students dive into history through an interactive virtual tour of the museum and educator-led activities that incorporate object-based learning, archival materials, and historic images.
- Virtual programs can be offered via Zoom or Teams.
- Each program is designed to last 45 minutes but can be tailored to your group’s schedule.
- If you are interested in scheduling a virtual program, please use the virtual program request form or contact email@example.com
GUIDED AND SELF-GUIDED VISITS TO THE MUSEUM
- The History Center is offering both guided and self-guided visits.
- You can explore potential tour themes for a guided visit and submit a visit request form on our Guided School Tours page.
- You can design your own self-guided experience using the visit request form on our Self-Guided Visits page
- We will work with you to arrange a safe visit for you and your students.
OUTREACH PROGRAMS FOR SCHOOLS
- Please see our Schools Outreach page for details about how an educator can visit your school or learning space.
DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES FOR TEACHERS
- Please see our Teacher Resources page for links to our growing collection of teaching tools, primary sources, and lesson inspiration.
Virtual programs: $75 per 45-minute class (free for Title I schools)
Guided school tours at the History Center: $7 per student
Self-guided visits for students at the History Center: $6 per student
For students of Pittsburgh Public Schools, we offer free virtual programs and free admission for guided tours and self-guided visits.
Parking and Bus Directions
If arriving by car or van, please visit our parking page for more information on parking.
If arriving by bus or motor coach, please use the bus pull-off location on Smallman Street if available or pull in front of the History Center’s main entrance to unload. Free bus parking is available offsite, and History Center Staff will provide a map and parking instructions to the bus driver. The parking lot is about one mile away from the History Center.
Until further notice, we require a minimum of 1 adult per guided or self-guided group of 8 students.
The History Center is fully accessible. One personal aide is admitted free-of-charge for each visitor in need of assistance during a History Center visit. Please indicate the number of aides attending with your group when you reserve your tour. Aides will be included in the 10-person limit for guided and self-guided visits. Sign language interpreters are available for tours and programs with one-week notice to ensure availability. More about accessibility.