Plan Your Visit
History Center staff members are available to assist you throughout the entire process, including pre-planning for your visit, on-site assistance, and post-visit follow-up. We will ensure that your group engages with the museum’s resources while meeting your educational objectives.
To book an upcoming visit, please contact Group Tour Coordinator Christina McElwain at 412-454-6304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve Your Experience!
After reviewing tour and program information, use the Request Form on each page to reserve your program. For more information about an upcoming visit, please contact Group Tour Coordinator Christina McElwain at 412-454-6304 or email@example.com.
Help us to best facilitate your experience by considering the following:
- Group Size: A group is defined as a minimum of 10 paying visitors who arrange their visit through the group tour coordinator. Bus drivers and teachers are admitted free. Chaperones are admitted free with a 1:10 chaperone-to-student ratio. Additional adults must pay the student rate.
- Days & Times: Group tours and education programs can be scheduled between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Program length and days available vary by type. Most programs are two hours in length or two and a half hours if lunch is scheduled.
- Lunch: Lunch space is available on-site. Please indicate your lunch preference when completing a program request form.
- Museum Shop: A visit to the Museum Shop must be scheduled when you reserve your tour.
- When to Book: Tours should be reserved at least one month prior to your visit. The high-demand months of April, May, and June fill quickly. Please consider booking early in the school year.
- Payment: A 25% non-refundable deposit in the form of a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or check made payable to the Heinz History Center is due within three weeks of booking your tour.
- Rescheduling: If you need to cancel a program or are delayed more than 15 minutes, please contact us at 412-454-6304 before 8 a.m. Due to scheduling, docents are not able to wait more than 15 minutes for a group without notification of delay.
- Inclement Weather: In the very rare event that the History Center closes due to inclement weather, our group tour coordinator will contact you as quickly as possible about rescheduling your visit.
To learn more about the visit experience, please download a Visit Information Guide (PDF).
For detailed information about the History Center’s accessibility, please visit our accessibility page or contact the accessibility coordinator, Beth Muth. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-6374.