Our annual Treasures in the Archives event is an opportunity to see highlights from one of the largest collections of historic materials about Western Pennsylvania.
The archivists who work with these items every day will share the rarely heard stories behind collections under their care.
This year, we’ll explore:
- The process of getting to know all 143 boxes in Kennywood’s archives;
- How the bond between two sisters can generate remarkable records;
- The lost history of a renowned home for ex-offenders;
- The circuitous path archival records can take, from their creation to digitization;
- How ordinary account books can reveal extraordinary stories; and
- The role of a community archive in the aftermath of tragedy.
This signature event on the Detre Library & Archives calendar is a chance to learn about the lives of Western Pennsylvanians through one-of-a-kind photographs and documents.
Admission to the Treasures in the Archives program is free but does not include access to History Center exhibitions. Please register in advance using the form below.
Kosher refreshments will be served.