From wedding receptions to corporate retreats, from birthday parties to Bar Mitzvahs, the History Center’s facilities staff can help you design an event that your guests won’t soon forget.
Included in your Event Rental at the History Center
- Wedding & event coordination from start to finish with our professional events team. This includes the creation of your timeline, custom floor plans, staging of first looks, vendor coordination, placement of personal décor, cookie table organization, and multiple planning appointments.
- One hour ceremony rehearsal the day before the wedding, facilitated by your event coordinator.
- Access to our banquet equipment, including banquet chairs, easels, and a variety of tables: cocktail tables (high & low), rounds, square, rectangular, and metal café tables.
- Complimentary bridal rooms, 3 hours prior to event start.
- Exclusive access for your guests to tour the museum during operating hours on your wedding day.
- Access to all museum exhibits for engagement photo session & wedding day photos.
Our Exclusive Vendors
Common Plea Catering
412-281-5140 | commonplea-catering.com
The History Center is pleased to provide a superb dining experience for our event clients through our exclusive caterer, Common Plea Catering, Inc. Owners John and Donna Barsotti, with their imaginative kitchen and events team, promise to live up to your highest expectations. Operating from their catering facility in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, they are equipped to serve the most sophisticated dining experience to you and your wedding guests. Average costs associated with catering for cocktail hour and reception food, bar packages, rentals, staffing and administration fees range from $160 to $200 per person.
View the Common Plea Catering Menu.
Mosaic Linen Rental
With thousands of linens in the latest styles and trends, a Mosaic professional will help you design the wedding of your dreams.
If you’re ready to submit a rental request, please fill out the Event Inquiry form.
For more information about rates and rental arrangements, please contact our events staff:
- Cassie Horrell, director of events, at email@example.com or 412-454-6435
- Shelby Starks, event coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-6431
- Elisha Hill, event coordinator, at email@example.com or 412-454-6356