Frequently Asked Questions
We can accommodate weddings up to 325 guests depending on your room selections.
- The Great Hall on the first floor for weddings up to 300 guests
- Mueller Center on the fifth floor for weddings up to 325 guests
- Detre Library & Archives on the sixth floor for weddings 20-250 guests
- The Great Hall on the first floor for weddings up to 325 guests
- Mueller Center Deck and Foyer on the fifth floor for weddings for weddings up to 200 guests
- Campbell Gallery on the fourth floor for weddings with 220 guests or less
- The Great Hall on the first floor for weddings up to 200 guests
- Mueller Center on the fight floor for weddings up to 325 guests
- Campbell Gallery on the fourth floor for weddings up to 60 guests
- Discovery Multipurpose Room on the third floor for weddings up to 65 guests
A full facility exclusive rental means that the entire Heinz History Center including every meeting, event location and all exhibits are reserved for your use and your use only. No other group will be permitted to use or rent any location, whether or not you choose to utilize every location for your event. All chair & lighting upgrades are included.
- 10% room rental discount for Friday and Sundays, except on holiday weekends
- 10% seasonal discount in January & February
- 10% year round, military discount for active military
As a courtesy, we are happy to hold a tentative date for your event up to two weeks, giving you the first right of refusal at no financial obligation to you. Once you are sure that you want to book the Heinz History Center and Common Plea Catering, we will create an agreement. At the time of booking, we ask for a signed contract and a deposit of 50% of the rental amount. The balance will be due 3 months in advance of the event along with the proof of event insurance.
Yes, the venue exceeds ADA guidelines for accessibility. You can view our accessibility information here.
The Mueller Center & Deck on the fifth floor is available for daytime & evening rentals. All other wedding venue spaces are available after 5:30 p.m. for booking due to our normal operating business hours.
Yes, the events department director and coordinators are available to you throughout the planning process offering recommendations, troubleshooting, advice, and support, as much or as little as you need. Your wedding coordination includes the creation of your timeline, custom floorplans, staging of first looks, vendor coordination, placement of personal décor, cookie table organization, and multiple planning appointments. In addition, our events crew will be on site managing every detail including set up, guest arrival, the event, and load out!