Health & Safety | Response to COVID-19
Health & Safety Policies
Our museums have implemented extensive health and sanitation measures to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for visitors and staff:
- In accordance with guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health, masks are optional at the Heinz History Center, Fort Pitt Museum, and Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village.
- The History Center utilizes high-efficiency MERV-13 filters that screen out airborne particulates down to 0.3 microns in diameter. Our filter systems, which rival hospital-grade systems, capture 99.97% of airborne particulates, well above the level of an N-95 mask, and supply an air change rate (ACR) of 8.5 per hour, or approximately once every seven minutes.
- Daily capacity will continue to be monitored to ensure visitor safety.
- Sanitation supplies, such as disinfecting wipes, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, etc. are readily available for added use by patrons and placed throughout the museums. Masks are available for interested patrons.
- Contactless payment methods, such as Apple Pay and Google Wallet, are available for visitor use at the Admissions Desk and our Museum Shop.