Whether you’re looking to plan a large celebration with all of your friends and family or a pop-up wedding with a Pittsburgh twist, the Heinz History Center is the perfect venue to make your special day unforgettable.
Included in your wedding rental at the History Center:
- Wedding coordination from start to finish with our professional events team. This includes the creation of your timeline, custom floor plans, staging of first looks, vendor coordination, placement of personal décor, cookie table organization, and multiple planning appointments.
- One hour ceremony rehearsal the day before the wedding, facilitated by your event coordinator.
- Access to our banquet equipment, including banquet chairs, easels, and a variety of tables: cocktail tables (high & low), rounds, square, rectangular, and metal café tables.
- Complimentary bridal rooms, 3 hours prior to event start.
- Exclusive access for your guests to tour the museum during operating hours on your wedding day.
- Access to all museum exhibits for engagement photo sessions & wedding day photos.
Our Exclusive Vendors
Common Plea Catering
The History Center is pleased to provide a superb dining experience for our event clients through our exclusive caterer, Common Plea Catering, Inc. Owners John and Donna Barsotti, with their imaginative kitchen and events team, promise to live up to your highest expectations. Operating from their catering facility in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, they are equipped to serve the most sophisticated dining experience to you and your wedding guests. Average costs associated with catering for cocktail hour and reception food, bar packages, rentals, staffing and administration fees range from $160 to $200 per person.
Mosaic is a woman-owned small business that offers one of the largest and most unique fabric rental inventories available anywhere in the world. With thousands of linens in the latest styles and trends, a Mosaic professional will help you design the wedding of your dreams.
Available January through March
Intimate and Petite Weddings
Our special package for intimate (26-50 guests) and petite (4-25 guests) weddings offers couples a one-of-a-kind wedding in our unique spaces. This customizable package includes on-site event coordination, access to museum exhibits for photos, specialty food and beverage packages from Common Plea, live stream services for your ceremony, and so much more.
Ready to tie the knot, but don’t want to do the planning? You bring the marriage license, and we’ll take care of the rest! Your 1.5-hour event rental will include a wedding ceremony and cocktail hour for up to 20 guests, complete with beautiful décor, delicious food and drinks from Common Plea Catering, photography, and more.