A Very Merry Pittsburgh
November 21, 2020 to January 18, 2021
This holiday season, relive cherished memories and make new ones with your family at the Smithsonian’s home in Pittsburgh!
Explore how Western Pennsylvanians have celebrated Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, and more through the years as part of the A Very Merry Pittsburgh holiday installation in the first-floor Great Hall.
See original artifacts from iconic department stores, including Santa’s original chair from Kaufmann’s Santaland and the mailbox where thousands of children mailed their Christmas lists to the North Pole.
Plus, kids can write and mail their own letters to Santa and enjoy coloring activities in the Great Hall.
The A Very Merry Pittsburgh holiday experience is open through Jan. 18, 2021.
- Holiday Windows in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Awaiting the Arrival of Old St. Nick
- Nativity Scenes From Around the World
- The Mystery of the McKeesport Menorah
- Eight Days of Hannukah
- Tuning in the Holidays: Recalling Pittsburgh’s Connections to the TV Holiday Special
- Pittsburgh’s Santa, George Heid
- Christmas at Buhl Planetarium and its Miniature Railroad
- A Very Aluminum Christmas
Due to the current closure of the Heinz History Center, Santa’s appearances have also been cancelled. Thank you.