Become a member or volunteer today to support the legacy of our great city.
On Mondays in May, Heinz History Center members can enjoy special perks each week at the History Center’s family of museums.
Schedule of Events
May 3 – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Live music and Tomahawk Toss (weather permitting) at the Fort Pitt Museum
May 10 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Book signing with author and chief historian Anne Madarasz at the History Center
May 17 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Members Only Day at Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village
May 24 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Book signing with author and curator Emily Ruby at the History Center
May 31 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Book signing with author and director of publications Brian Butko at the History Center
On Memorial Day, the History Center will open early at 9 a.m. just for members!
Plus, members can enjoy free parking at the History Center (only at the 11th and Smallman St. parking lot, Mondays only, while the museum is open) and 20% off at the History Center, Fort Pitt, and Meadowcroft Museum Shops on Mondays in May.
Become a Member
Join for as little as $57 and become a member of the Heinz History Center. Receive all the benefits of the History Center and its museum system, including the Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum, Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village, and the Fort Pitt Museum. You also receive a membership to the Smithsonian Institution, which includes a subscription to Smithsonian Magazine.
Members play an essential role in the success of the History Center’s mission and make it possible for the History Center to:
- Present award-winning exhibitions and public programs that engage visitors of all ages.
- Provide educational resources for students including National History Day and school field trips that reach more than 35,000 students each year.
- Preserve hundreds of thousands of historic artifacts and archival collections for future generations to enjoy.
Showcase your Pittsburgh Pride by becoming a History Center member today!
When you become a member, you receive these benefits at all levels:
- Free, unlimited admission to the History Center, the Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum, Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village, and the Fort Pitt Museum.
- Invitations to unique members-only events including exhibition previews, private tours, and more.
- Subscription to Western Pennsylvania History quarterly magazine (print or e-version).
- Subscription to Making History quarterly newsletter.
- 15% discount on all purchases in the Museum Shop.
- Discounts on tours, lectures, classes, and Detre Library & Archives services.
When you become a History Center member, you also become a member of the Smithsonian Institution and receive these benefits:
- Subscription to Smithsonian monthly magazine.
- 10% discount on all purchases in Smithsonian gift shops, restaurants, catalogs, and SmithsonianStore.com.
- Members-only travel programs, study tours, and events.
The History Center recently received the coveted four-star rating from Charity Navigator for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. So you can be sure your donation is going to a good cause.
If you need additional information about becoming a member of the History Center, please contact the Development team at email@example.com.