Celebrate all-things HEINZ at the eighth annual Hometown-Homegrown™ food festival, presented in partnership with GoodTaste! Pittsburgh®.
This year, the tastiest food expo in Pittsburgh will mark the 150th anniversary of the H.J. Heinz Company with Heinz-inspired food samples, cooking demonstrations, special giveaways, and other Heinz-filled surprises:
- Come hungry for delicious samples from more than 40 of Pittsburgh’s finest food vendors, from long-time Pittsburgh staples to emerging local businesses.
- Learn new Heinz-themed recipes at special cooking demonstrations in the History Center’s Weisbrod Kitchen Classroom, featuring some of the best chefs in Western Pa.
- Enjoy family-friendly activities throughout the museum, including the Heinz Test Kitchen where kids can don their own chef hats and invent their own culinary creations!
- Experience the rich history of the H.J. Heinz Company with History Center curator Emily Ruby, author of the new book “57 Servings from the Heinz Table.”
- Explore six floors of foodie fun throughout the History Center, including spirits sampling, a cookbook exchange, and live music.
Demonstration & Presentation Schedule
10:30 a.m.: Food Talk with Clover Creek Cheese Cellars (Campbell Gallery, 4th floor)
11 a.m.: Cooking Demo with Chef Kate Romaine from Black Radish (Weisbrod Kitchen Classroom, 3rd floor)
11:30 a.m.: Food Talk with Huckle Bee Farms (Campbell Gallery, 4th floor)
Noon: “57 Servings from the Heinz Table” with author Emily Ruby (Library & Archives, 6th floor)
12:30 p.m.: Food Talk with KraftHeinz Company’s Senior Food Scientist Rachel Russell (Weisbrod Kitchen Classroom, 3rd floor)
1 p.m.: Food Talk with Wigle Whiskey (Campbell Gallery, 4th floor)
1:30 p.m.: “57 Servings from the Heinz Table” with author Emily Ruby (Library & Archives, 6th floor)
2 p.m.: Cooking Demo with QED Cooks’ Chris Fennimore (Weisbrod Kitchen Classroom, 3rd floor)
The Hometown-Homegrown™ event (including food samples and activities) is included with regular History Center admission and is free for History Center members. Join as a member today! Admission includes access to all History Center exhibitions.
You can purchase admission to Hometown-Homegrown™ in advance online.
Contact and More Information
For more information, please contact Sam Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-6373.
2019 Hometown-Homegrown Vendors
Anthony Hunt State Farm
Cherry Valley Organics
Cinderlands Beer Co.
City Brew Tours
Common Plea Catering
East End Food Co-op
Ganache Pastry Kitchen
Green Mt. Energy
Huckle Bee Farms
Instituto Mondo Italiano
Jim Shorkey Automotive
La Tutti Cake
Macaron Bar Pittsburgh
Natrona Bottling Co.
Penns Corner Farm Alliance
Popped Envy Gourmet Popcorn
R Wine Celllar
Regent Park Naturals
Republic Food Enterprise Center
Robert Wholey Co.
Sol Pepper Company
Steel City Salt Company
The Olive Tap
Vibo’s Italian Bakery
The eighth annual Hometown-Homegrown™ food festival, presented in partnership with GoodTaste! Pittsburgh®, is part of the Heinz History Center’s Heinztoberfest, a savory celebration to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the H.J. Heinz Company, founded in Pittsburgh in 1869. The month-long initiative includes special public programs, updates to the museum’s long-term Heinz exhibition and collection, new publications, exclusive merchandise in the History Center Museum Shop, and more!