Celebrate all-things HEINZ at the eighth annual Hometown-Homegrown™ food festival, presented in partnership with GoodTaste! Pittsburgh®.
This year, the tastiest food expo in Pittsburgh will mark the 150th anniversary of the H.J. Heinz Company with Heinz-inspired food samples, cooking demonstrations, special giveaways, and other Heinz-filled surprises:
- Come hungry for delicious samples from more than 40 of Pittsburgh’s finest food vendors, from long-time Pittsburgh staples to emerging local businesses.
- Learn new Heinz-themed recipes at special cooking demonstrations in the History Center’s Weisbrod Kitchen Classroom, featuring some of the best chefs in Western Pa.
- Enjoy family-friendly activities throughout the museum, including the Heinz Test Kitchen where kids can don their own chef hats and invent their own culinary creations!
- Experience the rich history of the H.J. Heinz Company with History Center curator Emily Ruby, author of the new book “57 Servings from the Heinz Table.”
- Explore six floors of foodie fun throughout the History Center, including spirits sampling, a cookbook exchange, and live music.
Contact and More Information
For more information, please contact Sam Moore at email@example.com or 412-454-6373.
The eighth annual Hometown-Homegrown™ food festival, presented in partnership with GoodTaste! Pittsburgh®, is part of the Heinz History Center’s Heinztoberfest, a savory celebration to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the H.J. Heinz Company, founded in Pittsburgh in 1869. The month-long initiative includes special public programs, updates to the museum’s long-term Heinz exhibition and collection, new publications, exclusive merchandise in the History Center Museum Shop, and more!